Seeking Financial Researcher
This is a paid research opportunity
Strategic consulting firm Samuel Associates is seeking a Graduate researcher to provide assistance with a Financial Research Project for Self-Regulating Organizations (SROs) in the Canadian Financial Sector.
The research project is for MBA and Masters candidates currently enrolled at or recently graduated from a Canadian University.
Governance Models for Self-Regulating Organizations in the Canadian Financial Sector
Up to 80 working hours
The Researcher will work at 350 Sparks Street, Suite 901, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7S8. However, given the current circumstances around COVID-19, working remotely may be required asper the Government of Ontario’s business guidelines.
Number of Positions Available
One (1) Researcher position
Project posted: May 4, 2020
Application deadline: May 15, 2020
Project start date: May 18, 2020
Project end date: June 15, 2020 (TBD)
- Draft and produce a comprehensive research report to be shared with the Government of Canada and the Financial Services Sector
- Conduct in-depth research on SROs, using a variety of external and internal sources
- Provide information or obtain materials in all formats (electronic, digital replica and print) on a timely basis for the project
- Support and coordinate biographical notes, media scans, industry association summaries and organization profiles
- Proactively recognize emerging trends from incoming research
- Regularly participate and contribute in working group discussions
- Provide regular research progress updates
- Create data visualizations where needed
Required Attributes and Skills
Candidates must possess the following professional competencies:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver high quality work
- Proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative and use judgement in dealing with a variety of individuals, academic institutions, business associations, and government organization
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Ability to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to utilize open and closed source information effectively and efficiently
- Data Visualization Software and/or Languages (Tableau, R, Python, etc.)
$22.00 - $28.00 an hour
Compensation will be determined based on experience, qualifications and skillset.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail on or before Friday, May 15, 2020. Please send your application to email@example.com
Applications must include:
- Cover letter and resume
- Two writing samples
- Two references (one professional, one academic)
- Proof of academic standing at a Canadian university Graduate program
Samuel Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by legislation.
If Selected for the Position
You will be called for an interview and if selected will need to provide the following documents:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A credit report (TransUnion or Equifax)
- Criminal Records Check (Online Police Report)
If selected, expenses associated with acquiring a credit report and criminal records check will be reimbursed.
Alternatively, a positive Government of Canada Reliability Assessment Letter will suffice.
Thank you for your interest in our Financial Research Project 2020.