APPLICANTS MUST BE LOCATED IN OTTAWA
This permanent part-time position is designed to fully immerse the candidate in the day-to-day activities of a strategic consulting and public relations firm.
The part-time position is intended for candidates who hold a degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field and who have a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience in Social Media and Marketing, preferably in a B2B environment.
Number of positions available
One (1) part-time position
Position posted: August 5, 2020
Application deadline: August 21, 2020
Position Start date: August 31, 2020
Samuel Associates is seeking a motivated and creative candidate who is capable of creating and managing brand-specific content and multiple media channels, and who can adhere to strict brand guidelines and design systems.
The position will rely on the strong written and oral communication skills of the candidate. The candidate must be able to research efficiently, disseminate and display information in a clear and precise manner. Strong project management and organizational skills must be shown by a demonstrated ability to create and adhere to data-driven social media schedules.
Given the digital nature of the position, the candidate is expected to have In-depth knowledge and understanding of the nuances of various social media platforms, mainly LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. As the position relies highly on technology, the candidate must have strong computer skills along with an ability and interest in learning new tools.
Required attributes and skills
The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced business environment requiring the candidate to be; proactive, resourceful and efficient, while at the same time maintaining a high level of professionalism and discretion. The candidate must possess integrity, display a positive attitude and be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment. The candidate must have:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Social Media and Marketing, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Experience with Buffer, Hootsuite, or other scheduling and management tools.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the nuances of various social media platforms, mainly LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Working knowledge and an active interest in SEO, SEM, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills along with an ability and interest in learning new tools.
- Knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite, primarily Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Support the creation and implementation of social media strategies for Samuel Associates and our suite of clients.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include copywriting, research, graphic design, editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and analyze, review, and create monthly reports in an effort to maximize results.
- Support with the design and creation of branded content including social media posts, advertising content and blog posts.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will work at 350 Sparks Street, Suite 901, Ottawa, Ontario K1R 7S8. In the alternative, given the current circumstances around COVID-19, working remotely may be required as per the Government of Ontario’s business guidelines.
Applications must be submitted by email. Please see below for more information about the application requirements.
When you apply
- Submit your cover letter and resume
- Professional portfolio
- Two references (one professional, one academic)
- Proof of academic enrolment or completion
Samuel Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by legislation.
Thank you for your interest in the position of Digital Media Coordinator.