The Web & Graphic Designer’s focus is on the design and development of websites and graphic designs for Samuel Associates and its clients. The incumbent is also expected to provide and meet Samuel Associates and its client’s social media requirements. Experience and skills in website development, design and management is required.
The incumbent will be responsible for posting social media content and developing websites in conjunction with other members of the staff and under the supervision of the President of Samuel Associates.
- College Certificate or University Degree in a related field
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Ability to commit to a 2-3 days in office per week
Regular Full-Time Employee
Working at Samuel Associates
At Samuel Associates, we strive to support our colleagues and their families to make our working environment a better place for all. Samuel Associates cares for our staff in the following ways:
- Samuel Associates will equip you with the modern technology required to help you become an expert in your own domain. The firm will provide staff members with the required technology.
- Group Health insurance, which includes medical, dental, healthcare services as well as discounts at multiple fitness facilities.
- A flexible work structure: Samuel Associates has been using remote working technology for many years. Our staff can choose their working environment and are promoted to balance work, play and home life.
- Continuous learning is a staple to the professional culture of Samuel Associates. This is seen through our Policy Insights Forum. The firm offers personal and professional development opportunities, whether onsite mentoring from our team and associates, online boot camps or classes, to degree programs and extracurricular roles outside of work.
Required Attributes and Knowledge
The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced business environment requiring the incumbent to be proactive, resourceful and efficient, while at the same time maintaining a high level of professionalism and discretion. The incumbent must possess integrity, display a positive attitude and be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment. The incumbent must be able to take the initiative and use judgment in dealing with a variety of individuals and companies. At the direction of the President of SamuelAssociates, the incumbent provides social media and web development services to the company and its clients.
Candidates must also be able to showcase their understanding of visual design fundamentals such as typography and colour by presenting a portfolio of work.
- Designing and development of websites using CMS (Webflow / Wordpress)
- Wire framing, prototyping and testing client websites and projects
- Visual appeal and optimization of the User Experience (UX)
- Writing and editing content for web and social media
- Designing web pages layout and content creation
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- Designing graphics, animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Presenting initial design ideas to clients
- Understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Creating and maintaining Google Analytics information (Google Search Console, Hotjar)
- Proof reading content and making changes where necessary
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Quality assurance and testing of the website
- Presenting the completed website to the client
- Researching current design trends
- Keep up to date with new software developments.
- Determining technical requirements for various projects
- Updating websites and plugins (depending on CMS)
- Leading meetings with internal/stakeholders to meet milestones
- Creating graphic assets including social media posts, social media assets, presentation decks etc.
- Tracking progress in Notion or similar project management tools
Social Media Development, Maintenance and Data Analytics: (assisting the Communications Coordinator)
When needed, assisting the Communications Coordinator with:
- Creating, managing and overseeing social media content
- Managing company and client social media pages for the company and its clients
- Analyzing and reporting audience information, demographics, and success of social media projects
- Proposing new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Using timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Applications must be submitted by email on or before January 31, 2021.
When you Apply
- Submit your cover letter and resume
- Submit a portfolio of your work showcasing at least two websites developed or worked on
- Two references
Sending your application package
Please send your application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org