Position Title: Senior Associate Government Procurement
Company: Samuel Associates Inc.
About Us: Samuel Associates is a leading consulting firm specializing in government procurement, contracting, and strategic advisory services. We focus on supporting our clients in navigating complex government sectors, with a particular emphasis on defence and national security.
Role Overview: We seek a highly qualified Senior Associate with deep experience in Canadian federal government procurement and contracting. This individual will have a strong defence and national security background and will use their knowledge to assist our clients in navigating this landscape.
1. Provide expert advice and guidance to clients on all Canadian federal government procurement and contracting aspects, specifically within the defence and national security sectors.
2. Support clients in drafting and reviewing RFIs and RFPs ensuring alignment with the Canadian federal government’s strategic objectives such as ITBs, Social Procurement Policies and Compliance with applicable regulations and legislation.
3. Stay well-informed of industry trends, policy changes, and developments in the defence and national security sectors, proactively informing clients and adjusting strategies accordingly.
4. Work collaboratively with our team to develop proposals, deliver strategic solutions, and support business development initiatives.
5. Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, government officials, and industry stakeholders to foster a positive image of Samuel Associates.
1. A minimum of 10 years of experience in government procurement and contracting, specifically within the Canadian federal government.
2. Extensive knowledge of the defence and national security sectors, including key regulatory requirements and strategic challenges.
3. Proven track record in contract negotiation, development, and management with the Canadian federal government.
4. Strong understanding of the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) processes, policies, and guidelines.
5. Excellent communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
6. Bachelor's degree in Business, Law, Public Administration, or a related field. An advanced degree or relevant professional certifications would be an asset.
1. Experience working with or within the Department of National Defence (DND), the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF), or other National Security Agencies.
2. Security Clearance at the Secret level and above, or ability to obtain one.
Samuel Associates is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and associates. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic team.
Note: Given the nature of our work and the industries we serve, applicants must be Canadian citizens and eligible for a Canadian government security clearance.