Position: Senior Associate Government Procurement (Indigenous Policy)
Company: Samuel Associates Inc.
About Us: Samuel Associates is a leading consulting firm specializing in government procurement, contracting, and strategic advisory services. We focus on supporting our clients in navigating complex government sectors.
Role Overview: We seek a motivated and experienced Senior Associate with a strong focus on procurement and government contracting. The candidate should have extensive experience within the Canadian federal government, especially in procurement and contracting, with a significant emphasis on Indigenous background and expertise.
1. Develop and implement procurement strategies and plans in alignment with the Canadian federal government's economic, industrial and social policies, and guidelines.
2. Understand, interpret, and advise on federal government RFIs and RFPs, procurement legislation, and policy.
3. Liaise effectively with stakeholders at all levels, including senior government officials, businesses and Indigenous economic development organizations.
4. Promote Indigenous involvement in government procurement processes, and support the design and implementation of strategies that foster Indigenous businesses' participation in public procurement.
5. Research government procurement policies to identify opportunities for the inclusion of Indigenous companies.
6. Engage in business development activities, including presentations, proposals, and networking, to expand the client base and foster relationships.
1. A bachelor's degree in Business, Law, Public Administration, or related fields. A master's degree or higher is a strong asset.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience in federal government procurement and contracting, with at least 3 years in a senior role.
3. Strong knowledge of Canadian federal government procurement policies and legislation, including the Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC).
4. Prior work experience or active engagement with Indigenous communities, organizations, or businesses.
5. Proven ability to navigate the complexities of the federal procurement process.
6. Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex procurement and contracting issues.
8. Eligibility for Secret level security clearance by the Government of Canada.
9. Fluency in English and French is an asset.
Samuel Associates is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and associates. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from persons of Indigenous heritage and members of all diverse communities.
Note: Given the nature of our work and the industries we serve, applicants must be Canadian citizens and eligible for a Canadian government security clearance